Cucumber is a summer food, also perfect for this time of year since thanks to its high water content and that it is consumed cold, it will refresh us.
The properties of cucumber provide great benefits to our health and that it is ideal for losing weight.
Cucumber is a very versatile food when it comes to including it in our usual dishes and that will provide us with a large number of benefits due to its low caloric intake, its vitamins, its minerals, and of course its flavour and freshness, ideal in the summer.
We can use it in salads, we can eat it raw, it is part of such delicious recipes as the Greek txatziki sauce, we can use it to make creams and much more. It is part of the same family as pumpkin and watermelons, and like these, its content will provide us with a number of very important nutrients for our health and also for the appearance of our skin.
In recent years, the properties of cucumber have also become a perfect ally in the Mediterranean diet to lose weight.
It stands out for its high water content: 97% of its content is liquid and only provides 13 calories per 100 grams. A wonderful figure. But it is much more than water. Cucumber contains almost no carbohydrates and instead provides us with fibre, vitamins of group B, C, E and A.
Cucumber also contains important minerals such as,
97% of water
13 calories per 100 grams.
Vitamins B, C, E and A
Iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium
iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium. It is important to take this into account if we suffer from iron deficiency anaemia and need foods that provide us with iron.
Although it is not the most common allergy, an allergy to cucumber may appear. In this case, it is necessary to go to the doctor as soon as possible and not consume it again.
Cucumber Benefits For Our Skin
The image of cucumber slices over the eyes is now classic to reduce dark circles and nourish this delicate part of the face.
And it is that the peel is often used in aesthetic treatments because it contains in its skin a high concentration of vitamin C and acids as interesting as ascorbic acid.
Thanks to them we can reduce irritation and inflammation. Hence the image of cucumber slices over the eyes, to give back luminosity, elasticity and nourish this sensitive area of the skin.
It is also recommended for those who have eczema and for those who suffer from psoriasis. It is also recommended to use the cucumber peel in juices and smoothies.
Properties Of Cucumber For Health
- Helps with digestion. People who suffer from heartburn or heavy digestions find in cucumber a help thanks to the amount of water and fiber it provides.
- The magnesium, potassium and also the fiber that cucumber contains helps control blood pressure, so it is an ally for our cardiovascular health to take into account especially for hypertensive people.
- Strengthens our immune system thanks to its vitamins, especially those of group B.
- Delays cellular ageing thanks to the fact that it provides us with antioxidants and vitamins of group A, C and E.
- Thanks precisely to its contribution of vitamin C, cucumber also helps us prevent and fight colds.
- It is recommended for people who suffer from intestinal and / or stomach problems, as it helps to repair the intestinal mucosa and protects the stomach.